Thursday, May 15, 2008

Once Upon A Time...




Last Thursday we left for Disneyland with the Baker Family. We had an absolutely fabulous time! Who ever said you couldn't do Disneyland in one day? We were able to do everything and more. The day was perfect for being there...it was slightly overcast and it was a Friday. Less people all the way around. The kids had a blast. We were a little worried about Ty and Grant not getting to ride everything but they could. They barely met the 40in requirement so it worked out great! We were able to meet Mickey Mouse a few times and Kennedy couldn't take her eyes off of Mary Poppins! She was as beautiful as a princess.


My favorite ride was Autopia. Carter was driving the car and even though I was very grateful for barriers he did a superb job. The other very popular ride in the group was Pirates of the Caribbean. It was just enough of a ride for Kennedy and still interesting for everyone else. Carter's favorite rides were Indiana Jones & the Train that drives you around the park! There was a little part that was about dinosaurs and that did it for Carter. It became the best ride ever after that. Grant's favorites were Space Mountain and the Haunted Mansion. When you look in a mirror in the Haunted Mansion in looks like there is a ghost sitting next to you. He thought that was the coolest thing. We had fabulous seats for the Parade. What a wonderful treat that was. We were able to get so many great pictures from where we were sitting. It was a very long day... but very worth it! Saturday morning we woke up and went to a really great Philly cheese steak sandwich restaurant called Philly's Best. Matt was trying to see if it compared to Mike Dipadova's superb Philly sandwich...well they are both great but Mike's is indescribable. After eating we took a trip to Huntington Beach. Someone had a bright idea to rent Flintstone bikes that fit 6 people on. The Bakers had one that they were gliding around on and then there was Casey and me who could barely move ours. We were laughing so hard that we could barely stay in our seats! It was embarrassing because we felt so out of shape. We couldn't keep up with the Bakers who had more people in their cart. Come to find out something was definitely wrong with out bike... but well worth it because of the uncontrollable laughing. Go GREEN!!! That evening we went to MidEvil Times for dinner and a show. The kids were way into all of the sword fighting and eating with their hands. Someone told them they were eating dragon meat...AKA chicken. That made the dinner that much more fun.
Sunday we woke up kind of early and set of to suprise Grandma RaRa (my grandmother). We went and got her and my Aunt Sharon who lives with her ...flowers and balloons. She opened the door and imediately started crying...then I was crying and well it was a great idea. She has called and told everyone she comes in contact with that her Phoenix family suprised her for Mother's Day. I am so glad that we were able to visit with her even though it was only for a few hours.

Thank you Baker family for making our weekend at Disneyland spectacular!!!

9 comments:

Our Happy Family said...

That looks like so much fun!!!! I want to go to Disneyland, I love it there. Im jealous!!!!!!!!
Buffie

Kortney Manning said...

Wow! What a great trip. Maybe next year the Manning's will be there with you guys!! Where was that cool pool? I LOVE what your Grandma is wearing...what a style-ish lady! See you tomorrow....

Pam said...

Too bad you didn't call... Anaheim isn't only 45 minutes from me!!!

Shari said...

We did have a great time! I would do it all over again the same way we did it! Thank you Orvin Family for the fabulous Weekend! 1 more month and we will be in Boston having more fun--I can't wait!

Boo and Sara said...

Looks like you had a blast. We did Disneyland last year and Isaac loved it but after 6 hours everyone was tired (including Isaac) and we headed back to the hotel. It was also a hot day and I think that contributed to the exhaustion. Sorry I didn't make it to the lunch date. My husband is gone most of the month of June so I will be wanting to keep busy. I will definitely want to meet up then.
Take Care,
Sara Lyon

Holly said...

So gald you guys had fun...even more glad Kylee has Grant back to play with. Next vacation stay at my parents for free!!

Teresa said...

Looks like so much fun. We have yet to take our kids here -- is that child abuse or what? We just like to keep that carrot in front of them -- actually, for the past 8 years we would tell them, when the youngest child is 4, we'll go -- problem is, we kept having children! Oh well.

SandyKay said...

Fun! I'm glad that Disneyland still has the old classics like The Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain.. I haven't been since I was a kid. And that's so fun that Kennedy could go on rides with you. I'm dying for a Philly cheese steak sandwich now. Thanks a lot.

Our Happy Family said...

O.K. Tiffany I have a blog question for you. I love your background and I saw the background you did for Lindsee. Where did you find these at and when I am changing my background do I have to save everything that is on my blog, so I can put it on my new background. Just explain to me the easiest way. I don't want anything to complicated!!!! :)
Buffie