Thursday, July 3, 2008

Boston, Massachusetts

We went to Boston for a DIA convention with Casey's work. Grandma Connie was nice enough to come to Arizona to watch our 3 kiddos. Thanks Grandma!!! It was great because we were able to go a few days before the convention and spend time exploring the city. Matt Baker is in the same industry as Casey and so he was displaying at DIA as well. He was nice enough to bring his beautiful wife and my BFF Shari :). Aaron Stone works for Matt and so he was able to come as well. He too brought a wonderful little lady with him... Alisa! We had a great time walking around the city together and trying new places to eat.




Everything was so beautiful in Boston...from the gorgeous foliage to the detailed architecture.

Our first outing as our tri-couple adventure...


It started to rain and then out of no where this beautiful rainbow formed over the city.

Our handsome 3 Musketeers

The Dinning Divas of Boston

"Mike's Pastries" in Little Italy at the North end of Boston

I can't even explain the crowd that was in Mike's... I was in search for the infamous Double Doozie Cookie. Lets just say that after searching bakeries for days and spending up to $5 for a cookie I was in no luck. Shari and I came close on the last day, but still not the same. Needless to say, we should open a DDB Shop... we would be millionaires over night!!!

Another search that we were in was for the house of Jason Russell. He was Aaron Stone's direct descendant, 9th removed Grandpa. Jason Russell was shot and killed on his front door steps April 19, 1800's. It is now declared a historical sight there in Arlington, MA. We were given a tour by 2 wonderful women... one of which was named Doti. She was old, tiny, and full of life.

I need to publicly thank Alisa...even though she won't be reading this post because she doesn't like the Internet :) Alisa gave me my first real fresh Cherry! It was great and tasted somewhat like a plum I thought. I had always thought that I didn't like cherries because of the yucky ones that come on ice cream sundays.

We found a wonderful little park after we left the house of Jason Russell. What a perfect little old quaint town Arlington is. It was one of those quiet little places that you can just walk up and down Main street and say hi to everyone...smell the flowers and shop in specialty shops.

That same day we took a transit bus to Harvard. It was full of old architecture and beautiful grassy parks flowed through the campus.

There was a human statue in the center of Quincy Market Place and Fanual Hall. She was great...Casey had to have a picture with her and donated to her fund.

Searching is what we did for 6 days...this time we were in search of the Boston Temple. I think that we left our transportation a little prematurely!!!

LOOK!!! There is something up there...is it a bird, is it a plane, it is Angel Moroni!!! Next question is...How do we get there?

While at the temple we took "Engagement pictures :)" We also met a cute little family there that was from Mesa, AZ just like us! What are the odds??? We live only a few miles from them and then end up meeting them on the other side of the United States. Funny how things happen.

Shari and the new Bishop Baker... sealed for all time and eternity

Congratulations on the new changes in your lives!!!


We went out on the town to a few parties that were being thrown by Pharmaceutical companies. We ate wonderful little bites of tasty treats, played pool, and just had a great time.

This is Casey's great booth that he slaved at while Shari and I shopped til we literally dropped. We made the best of our husbands needing to work. No problems occupying ourselves!

What a fabulous time we had there...a great city, perfect company, and wonderful food (well, except for the NO Name Restaurant). Thank you to the Stones and the Bakers for all of the laughs that we shared - Casey and Tiff

3 comments:

Shari said...

When are we going back? We did have a great time didn't we! If it weren't for you making us laugh 24/7, we wouldn't have had as much fun. Hurry and get home from Utah, I miss you!

SandyKay said...

Ooh, I wish we could have been there to see you..But it looks like you all had a great time even without your local friends. :) I love your photos. This post really made me miss Boston. Did you get a lobster tail from Mike's, by any chance? YUM!

That is hilarious seeing you guys walking down the highway to the temple. It is really a pain to get there by public transit, but possible.

And ditto on cherries, Tiffany. I always thought I hated cherries until I tried fresh ones as an adult. And there's no looking back. I can't get enough of them now. Not to mention Cherry Garcia ice cream (B&J). Try it.

Holly said...

I just discovered "real" cherries like 2 weeks ago myself. Delicious! Boston looks beautiful. I am glad you guys had such a good time.