Monday, August 18, 2008

Meet the new President in our family!

Roosevelt...AKA "Roosi"

We have adopted a cute little Miniature Schnauzer. She is originally from a "puppy mill" in Missouri. Our Rescue mission went in and decided to confiscate the dogs there. They weren't being taken care of and had many different untreated sicknesses. Roosi has since fully recovered and then became ready for adoption. She fits in perfectly with our family, but to make it just right we had to giver her a presidential name. It has taken her a few days to get calmed down and relaxed around the kiddos but she is adjusting wonderfully. We have her fully groomed when we picked her up at PetsMart. They were so great with her. She had her first haircut, nails cut, teeth brushed, Oatmeal bath...treated like royalty there. We love her very much and wanted to share her with everyone we know.

This is Roosi before she went in for her spa treatment!
This is Roosi after....what a difference!

13 comments:

Captain and First Officer said...

Cute little doggie!

Sarah

Lindsee said...

you did it you really did it. So does this mean Casey is done with children? is this going to make it final? Thanks for the help on the blog it looks great. you are wonderful!!!!

Anonymous said...

looks like you bonded! wow what a differance the before and after. she is cute have fun wit her.

SandyKay said...

Congratulations! If you have another daughter, I think you should name her Millard. :)

The Ridgway Family said...

Roosi is so darling. We definitely have to come over now so the girls can see her. I thought of you on Saturday going to meet her for the first time. What a difference a little "spa treatment" will do. Maybe I should go too. Such a nice addition to your family.

Keisa

Holly said...

3 Boys and 3 Girls. The Orvin household is finally evened up after almost 7 years of you being out numbered. Your family is complete. You need a picture of her sleeping. She looks like a cute lazy dog when she is sleeping on your floor.

lindsee said...

Hey I will get the lady bug mailed out to you. It is with our halloween stuff.. I still think that your crazy for getting a dog..who is going to take care of it when you come out here? im just glad its you and never going to be me!!!!!!

Our Happy Family said...

I love the new President in your house. She's adorable!!!

lindsee said...

I love my picture..You are my life saver!!I miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

I think she looks cuter in the before picture.

lindsee said...

I really like what you did with her blog..it look great. you are just my hero :)
I hope all is well with that sweet little mutt (roosi not casey!!!) of yours

Shari said...

I still think you need to change the spelling of her name to "Rosie," so people don't think her name is pronounced Roosi like Moose(e)! I suppose it's all good--she's cute no matter what people want to call her! Have a great week--let's do lunch!

nbingham said...

Hey Tiffany- We missed you at the retreat. We laughed hard. Your newest baby is cute but I am a Kennedy fan- groomed or not. I love the young womens blog. Thank you. I have to tell you - and it may sound corny but its what I learned- I felt the spirit as I listened and looked and read. Thanks.
Natalie